CAPS Works at CSIP Symposium presentation
||CAPS Works at CSIP Symposium presentation
Presenting information about what we know about CAPS deployments to about 120 CSIP and Cirrus Training Center instructors at the Cirrus Partner Symposium. Key points:
- CAPS does work, 21 saves with 44 survivors
- No fatalities and no post-impact fires within design envelope
- How fast?
- How low?
- Luna, NM visualization of CAPS pull inverted at 34 KIAS
- CAPS landings, water, trees, obstructions, residential area
- CAPS over people
- Physics 101, energy = (velocity)2
- CAPS decision criteria
- Why not CAPS?
- Many pilots did not pull